On November 10, 2023, the Bar Council of the Kyiv region held a training seminar on the topic “Intellectual property, advocacy and the ethical behavior of a lawyer in conditions of digitalization.”
The speaker at the seminar was attorney Chernobay O.V.
This seminar was the first in a series of seminars devoted to the issues of digitalization, cybercrime and the use of modern technologies by lawyers.
Among the important issues that were considered were the following:
- electronic signature and electronic cabinet in the “Electronic Court” subsystem, the “E-mail” resource,
- court sessions in video conference mode,
- security of passwords from sites and other resources,
- preservation of attorney confidentiality in electronic systems (computers, tablets, smartphones, etc.) and cloud environments,
- the use of Internet technologies for the promotion and more efficient implementation of advocacy activities,
- use of artificial intelligence,
- investigation of means of communication and computer equipment,
- the ethics of the approach to the use of means of individualization (trademarks, commercial names, domain names), copyright, etc. during the implementation of advocacy,
- consideration of complaints between lawyers regarding the use of means of individualization.
The next seminar from this cycle will be held on November 17, 2023.