On May 19, 2023, the Bar Council of the Kyiv region, with the assistance of the volunteer movement “Lawyers of the Armed Forces of Ukraine”, held another seminar on improving the qualifications of lawyers.
Attorney Daria Panfilova spoke on the topic “Basics of protecting the rights of servicemen and their families by a lawyer.”
During the seminar, the following issues were discussed:
- The legal basis for the protection of the rights of military personnel,
- A person who went missing under special circumstances. The basis for acquiring the legal status of a person “disappeared under special circumstances”
- What documents confirm the status of a person “disappeared under special circumstances”?
- Algorithm of actions of a lawyer, if there is information about the disappearance of a person,
- Grounds for changing the legal status of a person “disappeared under special circumstances” to another status,
- Peculiarities of the legal status “prisoner of war”,
- The significance of the legal status of “prisoner of war” for Ukrainian defenders. Algorithm of actions to confirm the status of “prisoner of war”
At the numerous requests of listeners, we are posting a presentation of this seminar and a link to its video recording.