Greetings from the Chairman of the Kyiv Region Bar Council
- Greetings from the Chairman of the Kyiv Region Bar Council
Bar self-government functions in the region are performed by the KYIV REGION COUNCIL OF ADVOCATES.
Powers of the Kyiv Region Bar Council:
1) represents lawyers of the region;
2) draws up the agenda, convenes and ensures holding of the conference of lawyers of the region;
3) ensures the implementation of the decisions of the conference of lawyers of the region, supervises their implementation;
4) provides informational and methodical support for lawyers in the region, promotes the improvement of their qualifications;
5) takes the oath of a lawyer of Ukraine;
6) designates representatives of the bar as members of the competitive commission for the selection of lawyers to provide free secondary legal assistance;
7) contributes to ensuring guarantees of advocacy, protection of professional and social rights of advocates;
8) disposes of funds and property in accordance with the estimate;
9) ensures that information is entered into the Unified Register of Advocates of Ukraine in the established manner;
10) forms a commission to evaluate the quality, completeness and timeliness of the provision of free legal assistance by lawyers;
11) performs other functions in accordance with the Law, decisions of the conference of lawyers of the region, the Council of Lawyers of Ukraine, the Congress of Lawyers of Ukraine.
Dear site visitors!
A lawyer, a defender… Unfortunately, only a very small part of students has not yet lost youthful maximalism and romanticism and, entering law school, dreams of protecting the innocent and punishing thieves. But I want, I really want, for the lawyer to really be the Defender. That’s right, with a capital letter. After all, he protects not only a specific person, he realizes the inalienable right of a person to protection, he implements not the principles of judicial procedure, but the principles of justice. The members of the Bar Council of the Kyiv region wish to convey these ideas to those lawyers who wish to pass the bar exam, complete an internship and become a lawyer of the Kyiv region.
After all, every lawyer should know that his colleagues will always help him in times of need, and the Committee for the Protection of Lawyers’ Rights will defend his professional rights against the arbitrariness of officials. And information about this will also be on this site.
I hope that the legal profession is not just a corporation for all of us professionals, but a community of like-minded people united by a single desire – to protect.