At the request of lawyers, the Bar Council of Ukraine at an extraordinary meeting on January 6, 2023 made changes to its decision No. 124 of November 4, 2022 "On Amendments to the Procedure for Maintaining the Unified Register of Lawyers of Ukraine", by which it set a new deadline for displaying information about lawyers in ЕРАУ , included in the Register of lawyers for providing free secondary legal assistance.
Such information must be submitted by lawyers by February 5, 2023.
During this time, lawyers who provide free secondary legal assistance must submit an application with a notice of inclusion in the Register of Lawyers to the Bar Council of the region at the address of their workplace or to the Bar Council of Ukraine. It can also be done through the Personal Office of a lawyer at ERAU.
We remind you of the mechanism for submitting information to ERAU to lawyers who provide free secondary legal assistance :
1. Through the personal office of the lawyer.
– you need to log into your lawyer account in the Personal Cabinet on the NAAU website,
– in the "Profile editing" section, select the check mark for providing BPD,
– save changes.
2. To the Bar Council of the region at the address of the workplace or to the Bar Council of Ukraine.
– you need to write an application (the form is arbitrary) indicating information about your stay in the Register of Advocates for the provision of free secondary legal assistance and/or the conclusion of a contract.
– if the lawyer concluded a contract for the provision of BVPD, then in the application he provides only his details (it is not necessary to submit the contract itself). In the case of the expiration of the contract, which the lawyer previously notified, and the conclusion of a new contract, the lawyer shall provide detailed information about this.
– the application can be submitted in person, by mail or in the order of electronic document circulation with the imposition of an electronic signature.