The Bar Council of the Kyiv Region, represented by the Committee on Interaction with the Military Administration, Law Enforcement Bodies and the Judicial System to Ensure Protection of the Civilian Population in Martial Law, was the initiator and moderator of the International Scientific and Practical Conference in Cooperation with Foreign Lawyers, the Kyiv National Institute of Higher Education and Research, the Ukrainian National Institute of International Education and Research SBU and Kyiv National Economic University on the topic:
"ASSESSMENT AND COMPENSATION OF THE DAMAGE CAUSED BY WAGING OF AGGRESSIVE WAR BY THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION AGAINST UKRAINE"
The event will be held on August 19, 2022 at the Kyiv Research Institute of Forensic Expertise.
The second part of the event is accredited as a training event for lawyers.
Participation in the CONFERENCE is free.
Form of conduct: the conference will be held in the format of live communication, and online participation on the ZOOM platform is also provided. The event will be broadcast on a separate YouTube channel. The conference program and the link for participation will be sent to registered participants additionally.
Working languages: Ukrainian, English.
Venue: KNDISE conference hall at the address: Kyiv, str. Smolenska 6.
Moderators of the event will be:
Yevgenia VAKULENKO , Ph.D., Associate Professor of the Department of Corporate Finance and Controlling, Deputy Chairman of the Scientific and Practical Council of RAKO, Chairman of the Committee on Cooperation with the Military Administration, Law Enforcement Bodies and the Judicial System to Ensure the Protection of the Civilian Population in the Martial Law of RAKO;
Ihor NIKOLAEV , PhD in Law, legal advisor of the Center for Commercial Law, Member of the Scientific Advisory Board of the National Association of Arbitration Managers of Ukraine, co-author of the Code of Ukraine on Bankruptcy Procedures, member of the Committee on Interaction with the Military Administration, Law Enforcement Bodies and the Judicial System to ensure protection of the civilian population in the conditions of martial law RAKO.
The following issues will be considered during the conference:
1. Features of compensation for damage caused by military aggression
2. Legal personality in legal proceedings for compensation for damage caused by the aggressor
3. Cause and effect relationship between the guilty actions of the aggressor and the consequences in the form of caused damage
4. Damage as an economic category
5. The role and significance of forensic examinations in identifying and assessing damage caused as a result of waging an aggressive war
6. The role and significance of the forensic economic examination in the documentary confirmation of the amount of losses caused to business entities as a result of the full-scale aggression of the Russian Federation on the territory of Ukraine
7. Peculiarities of determining the amount of direct damage caused to real estate objects as a result of military operations: the appointment of comprehensive examinations