During an event to improve the qualifications of lawyers at the Higher School of Advocacy on the topic "Appointment of an arbitrator: how to choose and what ethical rules and other factors should be taken into account?", Khrypkova Khrypkova, lawyer, member of the Committee on Alternative Dispute Resolution, which operates as part of NAAU, member of the Ukrainian Arbitration Association, spoke about the importance of the correct nomination or appointment of an arbitrator by a party in an international commercial arbitration dispute.
- The quality of arbitration proceedings depends on the composition of the arbitration panel
- The legal and cultural background of the arbitrators has a vital impact on the arbitral proceedings and the arbitral award.
- The role of side referees
- Disinterested / busy arbitrators
- The choice of one of the two arbitrators may influence the choice of the presiding arbitrator
- Choice of law and interpretation of contracts / law
- Application of certain procedures, including the approach to disclosure of information
- The nature and duration of oral hearings, including the questioning of witnesses and experts
- Distribution of costs and others